Tuesday, 10 September 2013

Creating an investigation question- James

Hi everyone,

For this weeks blog we have been given some questions to answer about today's science class. Here are the questions and my answers.
What did you do this week in science? (don't forget to embed your audio boo)
This week in science we were asked to create an investigation question. To do this we had to make a voice recording of what we need to investigate. Here is sally and I's audio boo recording.
Once we knew what had to be investigated we were asked to create an investigation question. Sally and I thought of the question: What should our playground be made from? we entered this idea onto our iPads and the teacher recieved it on her computer. Once everyone had to submitted their ideas we got to vote on the idea we liked the most. Sally and I chose: What should our playground include and what should the equipment be made from. Out of all the questions this was the most popular one.

What is the research question? why is it the best choice?
Once the most popular one was picked Miss Isaacs and the class decided that we should change the question a little to make it sound more scientific. The question we decided on in the end is: what equipment should we include in our new playground and what should they be made from? I think that this is a good question because it relates to the things we need to investigate and it will help us to create our playground.

How do you think this will help us create our playground design?
Now that we have a research question we will know what we have to do to make a good playground. We will know what we have to research and what we will need to show Mr Smith at the end of the term.

What did you enjoy most about science this week?
I really liked using the iPad to record our voice and to share our research question with class. I can't wait to see our playground when it is finished.


What did you have trouble with?
I think that the hardest part of today's lesson was thinking of all the different things we would need to research. Sally and I had to watch the video on the class website a few times to figure out what Mr Smith needs us to do.

From,
James


No comments:

Post a Comment